CASE STUDY # 4
User Lifecycle Automation
Client Industry: Veterinary
Client Environment: MS 365 and Azure Active Directory
- The client organization was facing issues with the Identity user account management.
- They requested an automated identity provisioning solution that integrates with the newly deployed HRIS system ‘ADP Advantage’.
- We recommended the integration of Softerra Adaxes with automated user lifecycle processes:
- User New Hire / Onboarding
- User Transition
- User Termination / Offboarding
- User Rehire
- The solution included manual forms / web-based methods for each of the lifecycle processes that were automated.
- These forms / web-based solutions included functionality to be the primary management point for non-employee user accounts (e.g. contractors)
The WME Solution
- We deployed Adaxes core infrastructure (Permissions, service accounts, VMs, etc.)
- Deployed Adaxes core baseline configuration (Security Roles, Rules, patterns, business units, Web Configuration, etc.)
- Integrated Adaxes and Office 365 for “single pane of glass” management of on-premise and cloud properties.
- Built and changed web configurations to match the associated solution.
- Configured Adaxes native self-service password reset (SSPR) function.
- We designed and implemented solutions for user lifecycle processes or newly developed/redeveloped solutions.
- We created a solution for employee ID tracking between the HRIS system and the on-premises Active Directory user account.
- We implemented a one-time “mass update” of existing AD users in the HRIS system.
- We created an ongoing process built into the New Hire processes. We worked with the client’s team to create a logical lifecycle process.
- All of these processes included a manual (Forms-based) solution as a backup process for Employees and a primary process for Contractors.
Challenges Encountered and Solved:
- The biggest challenge for this implementation was the scale of the organization which included diverse teams such as HR, Security, IT, Executive, Service Desk, and Vendors.
- We had to take on board all these internal and external stakeholders in the entire process from decision-making to knowledge transfer.
- Logistically coordinating the meetings was a complicated effort.
- Another challenge was logging and tracking all decisions for the final definition of the systems and their implementation.
- This required an extra person on the project just to be in the meetings to record, log and track the items.
- Because of the number of groups and people involved and changing decisions a number of change requests were executed to get the solution fully implemented into the environment.
The Final Outcome
We implemented automation via API call through ADP Advantage HRIS:
- New Hire / User Creation Process
- User Modification (E.g. Transfer, promotion, demotion, name change, etc.)
- User Termination / User De-provisioning Process
In the end, the customer was fully satisfied with our work and has continued with us for additional Adaxes implementations when bringing on additional organization.